Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: POND, WATER, GRASS, ETC. !

POND, WATER, GRASS, ETC. ! 5 months, 2 weeks ago #10269

• Stiletto78
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi gang,I stopped at the pond on my way to work this morning to check levels. We may or may not have water for any running this weekend, and here is why. The workers are out there draining it to remove GRASS ! There is a marsh buggy on site, and alot of it was removed from around the pump station already. I personally spoke with the man on site, who informed me that he will be "crawling" the buggy around the entire pond (the tracks pull and destroy) alot of it. However, this will not erraticate it,,just hopefully give us a reprieve. THIS IS A GOOD THING ! No one should be "put off" by this (or complain). We have to expect pond maintenance of this sort from time to time, and I for one welcome this work. Thanks,
Nick

Re: POND, WATER, GRASS, ETC. ! 5 months, 2 weeks ago #10271

• Natchamp91
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Wow what a welcome thing. Anything that will help us with the grass that we don't have to do ourselves is always welcome. I think we could miss a few play days to keep from having to go to the pond ( especially with this summer heat coming ) and pull grass. Maybe when the parish sees how much there is it may lead to bigger and better things ( like dredging ). Thanks for the update Nick and I hope our meeting next week brings even more good things to Voodoo. This is an issue we need to stay on top of because with a couple big events coming our way we definitely don't want to wait until the last minute to get things done.

VOODOO STRONG /VOODOO PROUD

Re: POND, WATER, GRASS, ETC. ! 5 months, 2 weeks ago #10273

• ledet
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Thats great, getting rid of some grass is good. Thanks Nick for the news.

Lance

Re: POND, WATER, GRASS, ETC. ! 5 months, 2 weeks ago #10274

• dragboat75
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you .. for the great news update .... it could be like a treasure hunt ... For PROPS.... and how much fun could that be ...any way it's welcomed news ...

Re: POND, WATER, GRASS, ETC. ! 5 months, 2 weeks ago #10275

• Stiletto78
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi gang, I stopped by the pond to check progress and water level yesterday (Friday). Looks like they removed a bunch of grass, but there's alot more to go. Anyhow, the level was low, but it IS runnable. It should seep up a bit more by Sunday.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds