Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fast Electric interest???

Fast Electric interest??? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #10818

• donhuff
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just wondering if there is anyone in your club that runs electric, and if you would be interested in hosting an all electric race in the future?

Don Huff

Re: Fast Electric interest??? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #10819

• RACER X
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • JESSE LEE 504-329-1825
Don we currently do not have anyone in our club who is racing any electric boats. We would absolutely consider hosting an all electric event at our site if there was an interest in doing so.

JESSE

Re: Fast Electric interest??? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #10820

• RACER X
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • JESSE LEE 504-329-1825
We also state in our race flyers that if there is any interest in any classes not shown for the event and at least 5 boats are interested in entering that we will add that class.

JESSE

Re: Fast Electric interest??? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #10821

• donhuff
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah I knew that you would allow any classes to run. But there were not any other of our FE guys coming to your last race to make a class.

The reason I ask is that the Michigan gang keeps trying to get us (the atlanta club) to host an all Fe race and call it the Fe nationals. They had it up there last year and wanted us to do it this coming year. But with our current situation with our lake owner, we just can not do a three or four day event like they want to have.

After seeing ya'lls lake and setup, I mentioned to them that your place would be great for such an event. But I don't know how many of that group would be willing to travel that far. Several of them have come to our spring race a few times so they might be willing to go a little farther to your lake. But with the few Fe guys we have and what they would bring still might not be enough to make a decent race. Would be nice if there were some of you guys that ran them also. I talked to a couple of groups of spectators at your race, and they both were playing with electrics, but neither had ever raced before. But an all FE race might be all it takes to get them to start racing, and join the club! I mentioned to the Michigan guy that we could come up with enough extra boats to get a few of your crowd some boats to race, and that might get them interested in it.

I'll talk with them a little more to see if it is something that they want to think about a little more, and maybe see if it would bring in a few folks from Texas and the west. I think there are a few Fe racers scattered around out there.

Re: Fast Electric interest??? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #10822

• donhuff
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Jessi,

The guy in Michigan is wanting to talk to you direct. I told him I would get your contact info so he can call you and talk, if that's ok with you.

Re: Fast Electric interest??? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #10823

• RACER X
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • JESSE LEE 504-329-1825
Don I am going to give you both mine and Nick's contact info.

Jesse Lee 504-329-1825 jessemlee@bellsouth.net
Nick Hartdegen 225-461-9269 njhrecovery1@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds