Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sunday Report - 3/11/12

Sunday Report - 3/11/12 9 years, 4 months ago #3352

• corlett
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey! Guys,

Another good day the pond. It was windy. Water was choppy. Don't know how windy it was but when I heard the Beach Boys music and a 51 Woody with surf boards on top pull-up and a bunch of guys jumped out and yelled "Surfs Up!" I knew we were in for a rough day.

Breck, the Big Guy, came over and said let's go mix it up so we threw in. Me and my orange frog managed to get underneath the red sled and take lane 1 away not once but twice. Now the real story. Yes I took lane 1 away but I had to cut buoys to do it. The Big Guy wouldn't cut the old man any slack at all. Breck, I had a great time can't wait to do it again. I do have one excuse when I got home and serviced by boat I realized that my stinger was falling off the back.

Breck said he had to leave early because he had things to do, but I think the real reason is because I gave him a headache.

Mitch, the Rocket Man, and Austin came out a little later. He brought out the Atomic Bumble Bee and flew around every boat in the pond. That boat was so fast it looked like everybody he passed was in reverse. All I can say Mitch is patience and throttle control. That boat is a handful.

Austin's driving is really looking great. Mitch, it's time to start asking Austin for advice.

No Mitch you are the Rocket Man and Breck is still the Big Guy.

Nick looks like you finally found the right prop for that crazy fast black boat. I think it's time for you to kick butt and take names.

Jed and his red hydro is getting better every week. Looks like he will be getting in the mix in the near future.

Was glad to see Jim and his yellow mono because it has been awhile. He said he'll see us at the race.

Jesse "The Iceman" and Jace a.k.a. "HOTROD" brought out that bad a$$ stock mono. All I can say ya'll stock mono guys are in serious trouble.

"Big Daddy" Carlo and "Top Gun" Will threw in the bad boys. They really looked good, but was a little to much chop for testing.

At the end of the day we all gathered under the circus tent and sat around talking. Then "Big Daddy" Carlo went from racer to comedian. He started telling stories about actual things that had happened at some of the races he went to. You just would not believe some of this. He had us all in tears from laughing.

Cudo to "Big Daddy" - A perfect way to end the day.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by corlett.

Re: Sunday Report - 3/11/12 9 years, 4 months ago #3353

• Optimax
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Mike all I can say is wow!!!!!! Another good one

What about copying this to the dock? To show how much fun we have here
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by Optimax.

Re: Sunday Report - 3/11/12 9 years, 4 months ago #3355

• mtchbnntt
  • ( Visitor )
Mike I don't kno how Austin does it, he hasn't run a boat in months. He comes out, picks up the remote, and drives like he runs everyday. If I can get him out there more, he is going to be a force to drive against!

Re: Sunday Report - 3/11/12 9 years, 4 months ago #3357

• Chris
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Mike,
Thanks for letting me try out that prop on the Conquest. Amazing what a difference it made. Oh, and thanks for showing me what to do after a blow over.

Chris

Re: Sunday Report - 3/11/12 9 years, 4 months ago #3358

• corlett
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Chris, you're welcome. I'm glad I was able to help you. I have two years running a Conquest and have tried everything. Watching your Conqest run, your boat to me seems to have a great attitude in the water. It likes to run tight. The older Conquest hull seems to do that. So I knew I could keep propping it up. Your boat really looks good now and I'm glad I could help. Thank God you didn't have a mono because I'd be lost.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds