Username Password: Remember me

Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15

Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15 6 years, 4 months ago #7259

• corlett
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
New Friends, Old Friends, A Family Fun Day:)

I know next Sunday some of you all will be out testing and tuning for the Atlanta Race.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in a BBQ or a Crawfish Boil. We can put all the tables under the big tent, but everyone will have to bring chairs. This is going to be for any previous members, their wives and children and friends and of course our members and their families to have an enjoyable day having a nice meal and getting to know each other better. The food will be served between 12:30 and 1:30. At this time there will be no boats running or being worked on. Just a nice sit down. Of course we will be running the boats during the day and non members are welcome to bring their boats also for the day. This is an open house.

This is not a scheduled meeting or a race. It is just a fun day with good friends.

If you are interested, post and let us know so Jesse can get a head count. Also, let us know which you would perfer having a BBQ or Crawfish Boil.

Bring fans, if you have them because the weather is starting to warm up.

Open water between 8 and 12:30. Then between 12:30 and 1:30 we will all sit down and eat and enjoy each others company. Then open water will resume at 1:30 till.

Let us know no later than Wednesday, if you can make it or not.

If we can't get enough people together to do it this weekend, I sure would like to rescheule it in the near future.

Lets put FUN back in Voodoo.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the old members.

If you know anybody that has RC boats and does not belong to the club try to bring them out and let them see how great our facility is.

Thank You.

Underdog

Re: Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15 6 years, 4 months ago #7260

• HICKS
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Sounds like a great idea. Count me in Mike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: corlett

Re: Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15 6 years, 4 months ago #7261

• TeeShark
  • ( Visitor )
Hi I am new to the hobby/sport of RC boating. I recently ordered a custom build Pursuit 32 but not sure it will be here in time for next weekend. (Would be awesome to have the boats maiden voyage with you guys though). However, I would still like to come so I can meet people in the Atlanta area who share my enthusiasm for the hobby. Where do you guys meet? Do you know of any local clubs close to Lake Lanier, Buford, GA?

Re: Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15 6 years, 4 months ago #7263

• dragboat75
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Great idea , and Yamo be there.... And Frankenstien will be there too.... Will be looking forward to it ...

Re: Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15 6 years, 4 months ago #7264

• RACER X
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • JESSE LEE 504-329-1825
TeeShark wrote:
Hi I am new to the hobby/sport of RC boating. I recently ordered a custom build Pursuit 32 but not sure it will be here in time for next weekend. (Would be awesome to have the boats maiden voyage with you guys though). However, I would still like to come so I can meet people in the Atlanta area who share my enthusiasm for the hobby. Where do you guys meet? Do you know of any local clubs close to Lake Lanier, Buford, GA?

Jason you are always welcome to come out to our pond on any Sunday, but our pond is located at 451 Airport Rd. Reserve Louisiana not in Atlanta. We have a few guys making the trip to the Atlanta Spring Nationals the weekend of April 17-19 so if you make it there we may get to meet you. We are mainly a Gas engine boat club but we do have some nitro guys and very few electric guys.

JESSE
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by RACER X.

Re: Voodoo Open House - Sunday, 4/12/15 6 years, 4 months ago #7265

• RACER X
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • JESSE LEE 504-329-1825
Mike called me with his idea for the Voodoo Open House next weekend and I told him that is an awesome idea and I would do whatever is needed to make it happen. This is for anyone including members, previous members, someone planning on maybe becoming a member and their families. Lets all get together, have some good food, talk about some good old times, and have great time with some new and old Voodoo friends and family.

JESSE
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds